Dempsey Woodworking contains a collection of web pages that has to do with my main hobby: woodworking, i.e. woodworking in the broadest sense of the word. It contains details of the various projects I did over the years. Each of these project pages contain:
- Description -- Project title, approximate number of hours for project construction, approximate cost in Canadian dollars, and a required skill level: beginner, intermediate and advanced woodworker.
- Pictures -- Various pictures taken during the construction and of the finished product. Click on a picture to get a larger picture and then used the back button of the browser to return.
- Plans, Drawings, Sketches -- These may look like real drawings, but are actually just nice sketches as they are not necessarily to scale!!!.
- For older projects the drawings are in jpeg format with a resolution of about 800x600. To view or print the full size drawing just click on a drawing, and then use the print-preview of the browser to select portrait/landscape format and (re)size the drawing before doing the actual printing.
- More recent projects offer letter-size (8½" x 11") drawings in "pdf" file format, which are much better to view and print. You will need a pdf reader such as the free Abode Reader© 9.4.
- Materials List -- Detailed sizes and suggested list of raw materials.
- Required Tools -- Tools used to do the project. Details of the tools can be found on the workshop page.
- Construction -- Suggested order of construction.
- References -- Contains a list of reference material, books and other web sites, where applicable.
You are welcome to use the project information to do a project yourself, provided that you read and agree to my copyright & disclaimer.
Check out the Other Websites page for links to other interesting woodworking related web sites. And also have a look at the many other woodworking projects I did as listed under Hobby Pictures of Pieter. Don't forget to come back here though!
For proper viewing any of the latest browser versions will do; I use Firefox. The recommended minimum screen resolution is 800x600; personally I use 1600x1200.
What is New
- 25-Mar-2019 -- Updated Bluenose/Bluenose II project
- 5-Feb-2019 -- Dempsey Woodworking -- converted to HTML 5
- 26-Jan-2019 -- Updated Roll Top Desk project - added moving/installation summary
- 26-Jan-2019 -- Updated Grandfather Clock project - added moving/packing summary
- 23-Apr-2018 -- Updated Bluenose/Bluenose II project
- 14-Dec-2017 -- Updated Other Web Sites
- 6-Sep-2017 -- Updated Dutch Windmill
- 5-Dec-2016 -- Updated Sjoelbak (How others did it)
- 7-Oct-2014 -- Updated Workshop page